Since its founding in 1988, NGA has relied on its board of directors and committee volunteers to establish and execute the mission of the organization. The combined effort of this dedicated group of volunteers has allowed NGA to grow and flourish. To honor all past board members, NGA established the NGA Board Legacy Scholarship.
The NGA Board Legacy Scholarship has been created to reward a person who is a member of the National Guardianship Association and who:
- is currently, or has been previously, active on an NGA committee
- is a past member of NGA’s board of directors
- is a current or past volunteer for a state guardianship association
This scholarship is defined as one complimentary registration to the National Guardianship Association’s National Conference on Guardianship taking place in year of the nomination and up to $750 in travel and lodging expenses. It does not include any items for which there are separate charges such as conference intensives. The holder is also responsible for his/her own travel and lodging above the $750 maximum, as well as any meals not included as part of the conference.
- Nominations must be received via the NGA Board Legacy Scholarship nomination form below.
- The nominee must be a member of the National Guardianship Association.
- Self-nominations are welcome.
- The nominee must be a current or past volunteer for NGA or a state guardianship association. Current members of NGA’s board of directors are not eligible.
Scholarship applications are due by Friday, July 8.